$25 Sibling Discount Availalbe
$175 for Half Day Camp Aloha (9 to Noon for one week - all day Friday)
$250 for Full Day Jr. Camp Aloha (9 to 3 for one week)
Joint Showcase at 2:15 on Friday Afternoon!
$250 for Full Day Newsies Camp (10 - 4 for one week)
What happens the first day of camp?
• Campers will be greeted by camp staff and are encouraged to join into high energy group games
• Parents will be introduced to our Camp Director and given some important information regarding the week.
• Campers will be broken into their color teams and meet their teammates. The first day, we take some time to introduce the campers to their counselors and make them feel welcomed and excited to be at camp, as well as explain behavior expectations.
• After that, campers break into classes in dance, drama and voice. In each class, they will participate in a short and fun "audition". There is no preparation required and we try to keep the auditions exciting and non- threatening.
• During class rotations, we also have a short snack time, where campers can either bring or purchase snacks.
• Campers then come together for lunch, games, rehearsal , & team time.
• Then it's afternoon rehearsal where campers learn their first big group number, and of course, more games!
• At the end of the first day campers will be assigned their showcase parts as well as their team songs. EVERY child will be in showcase, and some campers will be assigned lines or solos based on their auditions. What if my child is upset the first day of camp? Can I stay with them?
• We find that at times, especially for younger campers, the first day can be a bit overwhelming.
• There are numerous people playing games with fun loud music playing. However, our staff is equipped to look out for children who may need encouragement to participate.
• Staff may come over and try to engage your child in opening activities like dances or games or introduce them to other campers.
• Parents are welcome to stay through opening activities, but once campers break into teams, we've found that mom or dad's presence sometimes makes a more difficult emotional break.
• Almost always, once campers have a few minutes to see what fun camp is, they quickly adjust. Please be assured that if your child is overly upset for an extended period of time, we will contact you. How will I know who is in charge?
• Our teachers will be wearing a Cornerstone Summer camp staff shirt. Our volunteer staff interns will be teenagers wearing various colored camper shirts. What does my child bring?
• Day campers will need to bring a sack lunch and we recommend bringing a water bottle & snack money.
• On water day, bring a towel and swimsuit. (please wear the swimsuit to camp)
• Please apply sun screen before coming to camp and/or send sunscreen with your child to be applied. Do you have extended care?
• Cornerstone does not offer extended care pick up for day campers is 3pm. And campers cannot arrive before 8:30am. What if my child doesn’t know anyone?
• Many of our campers are new to Cornerstone. We encourage a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere where kids will meet new friends. Your child will also have a specific staff person assigned to their team color who can assist in easing the transition.What should my child wear?
• WE encourage comfortable dance and play friendly clothing each day. Please encourage your kids to wear shoes with a back of some kind (please no flip flops).How do you handle allergies?
• Please let us know of allergies on your enrollment form. Our staff will be alerted to the allergy and maintain a high level of awareness. Children with sever allergies must be able to manage them independentl.What is your cancellation/refund policy?
• Due to the extreme popularity of our camps, we do not offer refunds or cancellations for any reason except medical or family emergencies. We will be happy to switch you to a different week of camp if you need to swap weeks though!Can I sign up the first day of camp?
• You can walk up and sign up at camp. However, many of our camps fill up so we encourage early registration.